That question – cum – title idea for a post has been bouncing around the caverns of my brain for most of this past year. And then a twin question surfaced this Spring as we neared rounding the corner on the Pandemic, bringing with it a glimmer of hope as a surge of people became fully vaxxed (myself included).
January 2020 – February 2020
One slice of life we were walking through in bullet points:
- After a full year of searching, we finally found a business to buy and were in the final round of negotiations for the sale
- We decided on an area of the country to relocate to, were about to finalize the house hunt and then begin moving – after waiting what seemed like forever to finally do this (I was already 50% packed and ready to go since the beginning of 2019!)
- Ultimately, we were poised and ready to sign on the dotted line for each of the above
- Meanwhile the business sale fell through – but we were still on-track with continuing the house search
- I got sick right before our planned road trip for the final house hunt which in turn delayed that focus and entire move – but we viewed that as a mere postponing of the process
- Then – March 2020 – COVID-19 took front & center on the world’s stage and everything came to a screeching halt
In our situation, it was more the momentum of our life that got interrupted.
What about you?