In my over 3 years of blogging, I have never, ever, been nominated for any type of ‘blogging’ award. I figured because I am WP.org (self-hosted) rather than WP.com (WP hosted) that my chances for those sorts of things were stacked against me. So be it.
Well, that all changed during my Summer of Dad time away from regular secure internet access. LuLu from The Real Adventures of Becoming (whatever this thing is that I am presuming is the authentic and genuine) Me nominated me a few weeks ago for the Liebster Award. She is a gentle soul with a writing style that is deep and pure. Thanks for thinking of me, LuLu!
- Thank the person who nominated you and tag him or her in your post
- Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a ‘widget’
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you and list 11 Random Facts About Yourself
- Provide rules for accepting the award (cut and paste this section into your own post)
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers you enjoy (ideally with 1000 or fewer followers) and inform them of their nominations
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominator’s Liebster Award Post
- LAURA’S AMENDMENT: I realize some of my nominees are challenged by chronic pain, fatigue, fading muscle control, etc and may shy away from this award simply due to the amount of effort involved in following the ‘rules’. Because I want you to have a voice in this award process, I thought I’d add an amendment – Do rule #s 1,2,4 and 7 as directed, but adjust the rest of the rules to your own needs. For instance answer half of the questions asked of you, create a few new questions for your nominees to answer, etc. I really want to enable those of you with less energy/physical stamina to participate as I fully enjoy your blogs. Maybe call this the “Liebster Award with Laura’s Amendment”? 🙂
Now, onward with LuLu’s questions
What is your favorite season?
If you won the lottery and never needed to work again, what would you do with your time? Would you still want to work even if you didn’t have to?
Meh! I’ll pass on this one, okay?
What is your favorite way to pass time or relax on a Saturday afternoon?
I tend to equate Sunday afternoons with relaxing…passing time (and food!) around the table with family and/or watching a Broncos game during the appropriate season.
But as for Saturday afternoons? Go Exploring!
Do you have any pets? What kind?
In 2015 we were adopted by Mama Cat (now called MamaCass). She was once the ‘kitty-producer Queen’ of the neighborhood. She is now Queen of our porch (and snipped!).
Where is your ideal weekend getaway?
That varies with life circumstances and deep soul cravings…
Right now, this very moment, I’d love to getaway to the perfect studio space.
A place stocked with all sorts of recording, composing, and performing gadgets complete with individuals to help me sort through how to get what effect I want as well as teach me tech stuff and then mysteriously disappear. The equipment arranged in such a manner as to allow free and unimpeded movement from desk, to practice stool, to various instruments; to the sound board experimenting with mixes, playbacks, volumes and such.
A place with gorgeous wood floors reflecting the pure tones of my classical guitar playing and inspiring new ideas as my fingers caress those strings.
A place with magical musician buddies just waiting to be called for use in ensemble settings…then creating together; bringing notes on the page to life…100% musical immersion.
Are you more of a city person, country person, or somewhere in between?
Country Cousins/City Cousins. There are pluses and minuses to both. But bottom line for me is whether or not a ‘place’ has an underlying sense of community.
Do you have a favorite television show? What is it?
Okay, it used to be taboo to call me on any given Tuesday evening since NCIS reigned in my TV world. But…allegiance has shifted sharply towards Blue Bloods…mostly because of those scenes with the family all around the table enjoying Sunday Dinner together, and partly because Ma loved Tom Selleck…I think his sexy bushy eyebrows (check out the end of this video) reminded her of why she married Dad!
What was your favorite subject when you were in school?
E-reader or old-fashioned book?
I love the comfort of a book-in-hand, but the need to read causes me to take the written word in any form it is offered.
Have you ever taken a road trip? Where did you go? What was it like?
Really? I can only pick one road trip?
Tons to choose from starting with childhood trips through college age through parenting days and through till now. As a mom, the one I most remember is when all five of us (me, hubby, and our three kiddos) drove from our home in Colorado to visit Chicago family, then through Detroit under the tunnel to Ontario through the Canadian side of Niagara Falls to NYC parking our Oldsmobile cutlass supreme station wagon at a college-buddy’s place of work to board a plane to Europe to join my folks on a trip through London-Paris-Rome then back to NYC to pick up the car and attend my hubby’s family reunion on a mountain in West Virginia, then, back to Colorado.
What is one piece of advice or wisdom that you hope your future self never forgets?
Jesus Loves Me, Family is Forever, and ‘Laugh Hearty, Cry Deeply’ (my own quote circa 1995)
11 Random Facts About Me
- I love milkweed plants.
- Purple is my favorite color and has been even before it was a popular choice.
- I can play my nose as an instrument.
- I think feet are one of God’s ugliest creations.
- I only have RI, DE, OR, WA and ND left to drive through in order to claim ‘been there, done that’ in all 48 contiguous states.
- I’m a Margarita and Chardonnay type of gal.
- I’m related to Dean Martin by way of my GranMa Bruno. She ‘adopted’ him as her son while talking with him on a beach in San Diego back in the day.
- Someday I wanna ride an elephant.
- I can’t paint, but love color, so I quilt.
- My favorite non-traditional trees are: Jacaranda and Sumac.
- I love the smell of wet desert.
The fun of the Leibster award is sharing it with others. I am passing along this award to the following nominees. I love to follow their insightful blogs. They each share a unique voice, and I hope that you will check out their sites. Below the list of nominees are my 11 questions to each of them.
- Shannon of MSnubutterflies
- Bob of Paywindow7
- Jane of Janes Heartsong
- Terry Lewis of Terry’s Blog
- Aimee of the Art to Feed
- Jennie of A Teacher’s Reflections
- Marla of Explorations in Place
- Hilary Clark of Hilary Clark Studios
- L. Marie of El Space – The Blog of L. Marie
- Janis of Retirementally Challenged
- Anna of Anna Scott Graham
- Do you read several books at the same time or one at a time?
- What makes you break into your ‘happy dance’?
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
- What do you wish outsiders understood about the struggles you are facing right now?
- Where/what would you like to go/do that you have not yet explored/done?
- Which of your blog posts is your favorite and why? Please provide a link.
- Imagine you have superpowers. What would your power be? How about your ‘new’ name?
- What 3 traits do you look for in a friend?
- How is your life making an impact on the next generation?
- What is your favorite color, flower, tree, dessert?
- Coffee, tea, or????